Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Challenging Cabbies

I've been "collecting" cabbage patch kids to clean up and restore like new. I have a lot of baldies that I don't want to reroot because they're just so darn cute as they are. This last bunch that I got, though, will definitely need reroots. I'll update this blog as I go, but for now they've had a bath and are at the "dermatologist clinic".


Here is a head mould #4, tag cut but removed head and found he's from the SS factory, which was surpising because he has a grayish tint to his head. Pen marks on the ear and just above it. A few smudges and clear rubs.



All cleaned up and at the dermatologist clinic. Clear rubs came off, using a fingernail buffer. Smudges are gone. Zit cream will remove the ink.


 
Head mould #3. No tag. This poor guy needs a total facial.



Discoloration of the skin, so much so that I just cut his hair. He’ll definitely be a reroot. He must have been wet and outside for a while—his scalp was discolored in the shape of his hair.




Ink marks, and pox (the little brown spots).


 



Zit cream on his entire face.

 

This #3 baldie has pox.


 Now he really looks like he has zits. But doesn’t he look so much happier?


 

#1 with a lot that needs done. Eyes will need repainted. Ear has a scrape. Lots of clear rubs and discoloration of the skin.



Using the fingernail buffer, I managed to make the scrape on his ear far less noticeable. He had other scrapes, too, that the buffer got out really well. I ran out of zit cream, so he still needs more.



This #3 redhead wasn’t too bad, either. Her hair is cut, so I will give her a reroot. She had a few clear rubs and one pox on her face.

 






You can find her reroot HERE

This little guy (#1) was the best. No pox, very few clear rubs, no ink spots. But his hair was cut.

He looks good as new, except for
his hair.



You can find the reroot HERE

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.