Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Cabbage Patch Sleeper and Hood Pattern for full size and preemies




Cabbage Patch Sleeper

Designed for 16” full size Cabbage Patch Kids and 14” Preemies


I really enjoyed making this one.  It is super quick and easy.  I used flannel but you could also use fleece or minky fabric.  It comes in two sizes—full size for 16” ‘Kids, and for 14” preemies. 
If making it for a full size ‘Kid that is bald, use the bonnet pattern for preemies.  
Available on etsy, and eBay.
*A little side note about the floral fabric I used; it was my mom's when I was a kid.  When I was around 6 years old, my great-grandma bought me a tiny baby doll and my mom made me a sleeper for it with this exact fabric.  I didn't even realize it until I made the sleeper.  I knew the fabric had been my mom's, but I had forgotten that she made a sleeper just like this one.  I wish I still had the doll and sleeper she made.  



Materials:

•   ½ yard fabric
•   ¼ yard flannel for bonnet lining
•   ⅛ yd woven, non-stretch fusible interfacing
•   15” zipper
•   snaps and snap pliers
•   24” cording for hood tie
•   cotton balls or stuffing for pom poms
•   hand sewing supplies & tape
•   matching thread

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.