Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Japanese Kimono Pattern for 16" Cabbage Patch Kids


 



Japanese Kimono Pattern for 16" Cabbage Patch Kids

Available on Etsy and eBay.  Step-by-step instructions with color photos.  Make a Japanese Kimono for your 16" Cabbage Patch Kid or similar.  Pattern includes instructions for Kimono, Obi, and Slippers.

Japanese Kimonos can be made from a variety of fabrics.  We see them made out of brocade, broadcloth, crepe back satin, raw silk, sueded silks/rayons, satin, calico, jacquards, shantung, charmeuse, and many others.  Silky fabric is the most common, but it is very hard to work with and frays easily.  I chose to make mine from calico print, 100% cotton that I bought from Joann Fabric Store.  The Obi and lining fabric is made from a stiff black silky solid fabric (bridal satin from Walmart).  The braid is from Joann Fabrics.

Materials Needed:

·        1/2 Yard Main Fabric for Robe

·        3/4 Yard Contrast Fabric for Obi, Sleeve Lining, Robe Bands

·        Remnant (or 1/8 yard) Fabric for Slippers

·        1 ¼  yard of ¼” flexible braid or rope

·        ½” wide Velcro

·        ¼” Sew-on Snaps 

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.