Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

She has a smoke smell!!!!!!


I got this little darling off evilbay. I've been so excited for her to finally arrive.  She came today and before I even opened the box, I could tell it smelled like smoke.  I hoped it was just the box, but when I smelled her, she reaks!
smiley27

. . . I have a super-sense of smell, so even when others don't smell it, I do. My husband calls me "Super Nose". 

 I am happy to say that after many washes with vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, and using the charcoal method, her smell is barely noticeable.  Oddly enough, the baking soda is what helped the most.  I had run out of hydrogen peroxide after her second wash, so I dumped about a cup of baking soda in the sink with her and her clothes and it is what finally did it.  Her shoes still smell, though, so I covered them in baking soda and am letting them sit for a while.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.