Growing Hair Restore

My first Growing Hair restore was a lot simpler than I thought. The body was very dirty. I tried scrubbing, but knew that she needed to soak. I’ve never taken apart a Growing Hair doll, so I was a little apprehensive about it. After asking around, I decided to go ahead and do it.


These are pictures AFTER I scrubbed (the photos really don’t show the dirt as bad as it was):
IMG_5468
IMG_5467
Cutting the zip tie:
IMG_5469
IMG_5470
IMG_5471
Taking a bath (I used oxy 10 laundry detergent and hot water):
IMG_5472

I washed her hair with shampoo and conditioner in hot water and scrubbed her face with magic eraser.
IMG_5473

Putting a new zip tie in the casing.
IMG_5519
IMG_5520
IMG_5521
IMG_5522

IMG_5528
I combed her hair very carefully as to not pull out or tear her hair.
Now I just need to find her dress.


She does have a few light stains on her. They seem to show up more in low light: