Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Ebay Scam Warning

I am posting this here on MY blog because ebay wouldn’t let me post it on their community site. I am not trying to shame anyone, I’m just trying to warn others about this. 

First I will share my experience with this buyer: ajunpaajunpa0.  The buyer made numerous attempts of trying to get me to sell for an extremely low price after purchasing one of my items.   The buyer finally paid after a non-paying-bidder claim was filed.  But then when I tried to ship the item, I kept receiving a message from ebay saying the zipcode was wrong and it would not allow me to go any further.







  I googled the address and found PAGE AFTER PAGE warning about scams to this address. Here’s one that I found:
"RE : PACKAGES FORWARDING COMPANY
Only wanting to keep Sellers safe from an “EMPTY BOX” scam I had to deal with an A-Z. Take Plenty of pics of your (marked) item with visible order # & address too!
PACKAGES FORWARDING COMPANY ADDRESS IS
18432 NE SANDY BLVD
PORTLAND, OR 97230 - ONLY wanted to keep Sellers safe from an “EMPTY BOX” scam that I had to deal with and don’t want anyone else having to go thru the same fraudulent behavior no doubt.
In the 12 years I’ve been selling here on Amazon, this is the 1st EMPTY BOX SCAM for me.
A packages forwarding company emailed Amazon/me claiming “Received wrong item” ‘i have received this parcel which only (*.*kg), did you send me the empty box?’
Luckily I had an overabundance of proof, pictures of my marked item along with visible order#&full address with all the weird forwarding package numbers, filed police report, postal fraud investigation opened & screenshots of proof of weight(s) of figure/base/sword only and fully-boxed from multiple sellers as well as the weight from Amazon’s Product Page.
This Forwarding Packages Company I also found on The Ebay Community Forum as well with his exact words were ‘I RECEIVED EMPTY BOXNO ANY ITEMS’&‘YOU DID WRONG THINGSNOTHING IN THE SHIPPING BOX’ of another high-end item he claimed he received only an empty box.
I’m sure there are many Sellers both on Ebay & here on Amazon that have been possibly fine with sending shipments…but KINDLY PLEASE JUST BE AWARE THAT if you do get an order with a bunch of weird numbers after a name and another line of weird numbers UNDER THIS ADDRESS AS WELL TOO, ABOVE ALL AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL “THIS ADDRESS” YOU SHOULD Kindly take THE TIME to take More Pics & get more proof than normal & DEFINITELY TAKE pics of your item w/visible order# & address & such. BEST WISHES & MUCH LOVE TO YOU! HAPPY SELLING & HAPPY SUMMER!"

So I canceled the order.  I'm not going down that road.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.