Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Strawberries and Cream Koosas Twins





My latest creations, now on ebay, are twin Koosas Dogs named Strawberries and Cream. I had a lot of fun with these and they are so cute, I almost hate to sell them, but then it would defeat the purpose of buying so many dolls for reselling.



Strawberries has mainly dark pink pencil curls with a hint of light pink in a dark pink hair bow. Cream has mainly light pink pencil curls with a hint of dark pink in a white hair bow.

 They come complete with their own custom hang tags and birth certificates.


The front of the hang tag:

The back of the hang tag:

I drafted the dress pattern from an original Koosas dress to make it as close to an authentic CPK dress as I could. I even tagged the dresses with my own tag. Here’s the front (the flash put a glare on it):


Here’s the back:





The most difficult part of these twins were the collars. I used vinyl. First I was going to fold a strip of vinyl over and sew it, but it was too thick, so then I tried putting right sides together to sew it, then was going to flip it right side out, but that didn’t work. I finally decided to just use one thin strip. Then I used snap fasteners for the closure and since I had never done these kinds of snaps before, it was trial and error. I finally got the snaps on, but then I couldn’t get the metal pendant over the snaps because they were too wide. So I had to take off on of the snaps, put the metal pendant on the strip of vinyl, then put another snap on. The contraption I used to put the snaps on is not really made for these snaps, so it was tricky. (I actually used vintage Eyelet Pliers that I had purchased at a thrift store for under $3 that came with tons of eyelets and snaps.) The snaps are difficult to come undone.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.