Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Cabbage Patch Kids Sleepwear Patterns - Wrap Dress, Jumpsuit, Shirt and Shorts




I finally got my latest patterns finished! It took so long, due to so many interruptions and the fact that this has a total of 9 (nine) outfits (3 for each size.)  The pattern has 45 pages of just the pattern pieces.  The instructions are 16 pages.  I highly recommend purchasing the digital version since it has so many pages.  

Available on Etsy and eBay.

Introduction

This sleepwear is so sweet and easy to make!  Pattern includes three sizes: 14”, 16”, and 20” Cabbage Patch Kids. The wrap shirt and shorts, and jumpsuit can be made for a boy or a girl doll.  Clothing is loose fitting and has Velcro fasteners so it will be easy for small children to dress their baby doll.  You can of course change it up by using snaps or buttons.  Jumpsuit has front closing, elasticized wrists and ankles, and purchased appliqué.  Top has front closing and binding.  Shorts have elasticized waist and legs.  Wrap dress has front opening and purchased trim.  Panties have elasticized waist and leg edges forming self ruffles.  Bonnet has ribbon ties.  Shoes have purchased ribbon bows.

Notions

·        Jumpsuit: three ½” buttons, three ½” Velcro fasteners*, 1 yd. of ¼” elastic and 3/4” bias tape single fold**.

·        Top and Shorts:  Two ½” buttons, two ½” Velcro fasteners*, and ½” (13mm) bias tape single fold**.

·        Booties: 3/8 yard of ¼” elastic.

·        Dress: Two 3/8” buttons, two ½” Velcro fasteners*, and 4 yards of ¼” rickrack or ribbon.

·        Panties: ¾ yd. of ¼” Elastic.

·        Bonnet: 1 yard ¼” rickrack or ribbon for trim, 2/3 yard ¼” ribbon for ties,  ½” bias tape single fold**.

·        Shoes: 1/8 yard of ¼” elastic and ½ yard of ¼” ribbon.

*or cut from a long strip of Velcro
**or make your own bias tape


Fabrics

Dress, Panties, Bonnet, and Shoesbroadcloth, batiste, gingham and calico.  

Jumpsuit, Top, Shorts and Booties: stretch terry and cotton knits. 

 

Preemie

14”

Full Size 16”

TRU

20”

Jumpsuit

½ yd

½ yd

5/8 yd

Top, Shorts, Booties

3/8 yd

3/8 yd

½ yd

Dress, Panties, Bonnet, Shoes

½ yd

5/8 yd

¾ yd


Optional Tools

·        Knit foot (highly recommended)

·        Bias Tape Makers (12mm [1/2"] and 18mm [3/4"])

·        Braiding Foot

·        6mm Rolled Hem Foot

Where to Buy

For the Jumpsuit, I purchased Stretch Terry from ohSEWcuddly on Etsy.  I purchased a yard and was able to make one of each size with a little left over.  I purchased the appliques on eBay from Patch Parlor (patchparlor.com).  They have a TON of patches to choose from with very low prices.  I made the bias tape myself using white Kona quilt solid fabric from Joann's Fabric and 18mm bias tape maker.  I used clear buttons I had on hand (purchased at Joann's).

For the Shirt and Shorts, I purchased Knit fabric from  on Etsy.  I purchased a yard and was able to make one of each size with about a half a yard left over.  I made the bias tape myself using white Kona quilt solid fabric from Joann's Fabric and 12mm bias tape maker.  I used clear buttons I had on hand (purchased at Joann's).

For the Dress, Panties, Bonnet, and Shoes, I purchased cotton fabric (Keepsake Calico) from Joann's Fabric.  I used vintage baby rickrack and used a braiding foot to stitch it on.  I used navy blue buttons (purchased at Joann's) I had on hand.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.