Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

TM90

American Girl Truly Me 90 Wig Swap with Evette and Comparison with CYO (Create Your Own)


Recently Amazon had a sale for the Truly Me 90 doll for $65!  I had watched a YouTube video by Evelyn Rose where she had used the TM90 to make a custom doll since she got it for so cheap.  So I decided to do the same thing.  I am not finished, as I am going to do a face up and use a different wig.  But I wanted to get this published for now.

The TM90 doll comes in a colorful purple box that says "Street Chic Collection."  She comes with a picture book about friends.  She's wearing a blue hoodie dress that says, "Born to Shine" and has a rose on the upper right breast, and pink laces on both sides.  Her boots are shiny silver with blue laces.  Her long blue hair is in a braid and has a few small highlights.  She has blue eyes and the Josefina face mold.  She doesn't have any freckles.



The TM90 and CYO that I ordered both have the Josefina face mold and both have light skin.  Yet, the TM90 has a slightly darker skin tone than my CYO.  (I have since learned that it is because the CYO doll has 05 pale light skin tone, whereas the TM90 has 10 light skin tone.)  When the TM90 arrived, at first sight I thought her eyes were much darker blue than my CYO.  But after comparing them side by side, I can see they are the same color.  I think the blue hair and clothes just make them look darker.


I watched a video by Evelyn Rose that shows how to take the wig off.  It explains to heat up some water and put it inside the head and to use acetone-free fingernail polish remover to soften the glue.  I did not want to take off the head, didn't want to worry about getting the eyes wet, and didn't want to have to wait for all the water to dry.  So I skipped it all entirely and just started to carefully peel the wig off with my short fingernails.  I was surprised at how easy it was to get off.  In one of the comments, it said to use "brute force."  I am weak and have tendinitis, so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it off, but I did with no problem.  I didn't even take off the hair net that it came with.

I tried on an Evette wig that I had purchased on ebay for this doll.  I didn't glue it down because I decided to get a different wig that hasn't arrived yet.  I'll update the post after I get it.


Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.