Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

#29 Elephant Romper Pattern



#29 Elephant Romper Pattern

For Full Size 16” Cabbage Patch Kids®

These are super cute and so easy to make! I've always liked the little elephant rompers, so I decided to draft a pattern and purchased a bunch of little elephant patches.

I'm proud to announce my 29th pattern--the Elephant Romper! I've added a little twist to it in View 2--piping and velcro. The original Coleco rompers have actual working buttons and button holes, which I have included in View 1. I added piping to the front and made it a little easier, using velcro on the straps and buttons just for decoration for View 2. Since my grandbaby's nursery theme is elephants, I may have to make her a little matching romper! Stay tuned...


Patterns available on Etsy as paper pattern and digital, and eBay.

 

Introduction

Inspired by the 1980s Coleco Elephant Romper. Front has a cute elephant iron on patch (available in my etsy and eBay shop.) View 1 has buttons on straps and buttonholes in front. View 2 has buttons on front for decoration and uses velcro on straps so it is easy to take on and off. View 2 also has piping in front. Iron on patch can be applied before (as in view 1) or after (as in view 2) construction of the garment. Be sure to check out my blog for helpful tips: cpkdiana.blogspot.com

*Note: This does NOT include the shirt patterns, although I may draft a pattern later for the shirts.

Materials Needed

· 1/4 Yard cotton fabric

· 2 buttons (1/2”)

· ¼” wide elastic

· View 2: ½” wide Velcro,
and piping

· Elephant Patch

Helpful Tools

(Optional but highly recommended)

· Button Foot

· Buttonhole Foot

· Turning Tool

· Loop Turner

· Glue Stick

· Piping Foot (View 2)












Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.