Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Where Did They Go?



You may have noticed some of my digital patterns went missing in my Etsy shop. I just noticed recently and looked through my email to see why Etsy had deactivated them. Apparently OAA, Inc. (Cabbage Patch Kids company) reported to Etsy that my patterns for the BBB body replacement, 16" Body replacement, and Koosas Body Replacement infringed on the following trademarks: 

Class 9: Computer and Software Products and Electrical and Scientific Products 
Class 12: Vehicles and Products for locomotion by land, air or water 
Class 14: Jewelry Products 
Class 16: Paper and Printed Material Products 
Class 18: Leather Products (not including clothing) 
Class 20: Furniture Products 
Class 21: Houseware and Glass Products 
Class 24: Fabrics and Textile Products
Class 25: Clothing and Apparel Products
Class 26: Lace, Ribbons, Embroidery and Fancy Goods
Class 28: Toys and Sporting Goods Products

I'm thinking they just pulled a bunch of classes out of a hat because I don't even sell computer software, vehicles, jewelry, leather, furniture, houseware, or clothing.  
Also, in my listings I clearly stated that I am not affiliated with Cabbage Patch Kids.

So I am waiting to hear back from OAA to see why exactly it was copyright infringement--if it was simply because I used the words "Cabbage Patch Kids" or because these look just like the Cabbage Patch Kids bodies.  I don't want to get into any trouble with the company, so until I hear back, I won't have these patterns available, which is a huge downer, as these have been some of my best-selling patterns.  I will also be revamping many of my images to avoid any further copyright infringements.  Any patterns that have CPK, BBB, Koosas have been renamed to Soft Sculpture (SS) Body/Animal Body.

Thank you everyone for supporting my small business :)

*Update: I heard back and am not allowed to sell anything that uses the name "Cabbage Patch Kids," or the "body design." So unfortunately, I will no longer be selling the bodies on etsy or ebay. This is a huge disappointment, but I don't want to get sued or risk losing my etsy shop entirely. I can sell my own designs of clothing that fit their dolls as long as I do not use the trademarks to sell them. I can say something like "fits 16 inch Dolls like Cabbage Patch Kids."  Please contact me if you have questions.

Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.