Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Two Announcements! New Pattern and Facebook Sew and Share Group!

I am very excited to announce that I have finally finished my latest pattern AND I now have a Facebook Sew and Share Group for everyone to share all their creations.  

As I have mentioned before in About Me pages and etsy, I LOVE seeing other people's creations that they have made from my patterns.  It really inspires me to keep going and make more patterns.  Find the group on facebook, entitled "Sew and Share Group." Or directly facebook.com/groups/cpkdiana.


After a week of physical therapy and resting, my wrist is doing much better and I was able to finish a new pattern.  My latest pattern is a Dress Form, proportioned to fit 16" Cabbage Patch Kids clothes.  It was a lot of fun.  With my 7" candle holder and large knob, it makes the dress form stand 17" tall.




Pattern available on Etsy and Ebay.

Introduction:
This dress form mannequin is proportioned to fit 16 inch Cabbage Patch Kids® Doll clothes. It’s quick and easy to make and a fun way to display some of your favorite doll outfits. This pattern is designed to use cotton fabrics, such as a fat quarter.  You can make it standing on a candle holder or set it directly on a table or shelf.
For the Dress Form, you will need:

· 1/3 Yard fabric
· 1/3 Yard Shape Flex Interfacing
· 12 oz. Polyfil Stuffing (Airtex is best)
· Cardboard
· Fabric Glue, Hot Glue, Glue Stick
· Needle and Upholstery Thread
· ¼” Steam-A-Seam
· Candle Holder approx. 6-7” high
· Glass Door Knob, jewel, or similar
· Ribbon

I found my candle holder at a thrift store for just over a dollar.  The glass door knobs I found at Home Depot for under $10 for a set of two.  They are regular door size, not the small cupboard size. 


Note: The neck of the pattern is drafted to fit a doorknob perfectly at 1 ¼” across.  Measure your knob or jewel to see if you need to make any adjustments.  Use scrap pieces of fabric to cut out just the neck part to test it out.

If using interfacing, iron on Shape Flex Interfacing onto wrong side of fabric, according to directions.  This is optional but recommended.  I made two dress forms, one with and one without interfacing.  The one with interfacing kept its shape better and I didn’t have to stuff it as much.  The one without interfacing ended up being an inch bigger around the waist.


Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.