Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

My First BLEs (Babyland Exclusives)

 


For the past 10 years when I first started collecting, I never bought a BLE (Babyland Exclusive) because I thought they were too expensive.  I wish I did buy some back then because I really missed out on some cuties.  So I decided to buy some now.  Two 20" and two 17" Babies.  I must say, I was quite surprised.




Maddie Marie. Her expression is so cute. I almost didn't get her because she wasn't on the website, but I saw her on the CPK Fan Page. I asked if she was available and was told that they had complaints about her hair being thin in the back. I still got her and I don't think her hair is thin. Her sweet shy face reminds me of my niece, Maddie.

She's 20" tall and has OOAA1-21 on the back. I'm assuming this is "head mold" 1, and the year 2021.

Her head looks a little "squished" in real life, as you can't see it in the photo. Her vinyl head (as well as the others) is a different plastic than the usual vinyl on the mass marketed CPKs. It reminds me of the Silkstone Barbies, having a silky porcelain-like feel to it.

These BLEs were all made in Vietnam, which surprised me. Overall, the quality seems pretty good. She doesn't flop around like some of the TRUS I've had, so her stuffing is good and even, but not real full. The dress is absolutely adorable. I love the cherries. She also comes with a regular baby diaper like what you see in stores today (size 1), socks, and shoes. Her bum (like all of them) is silk-screened with the signature on the right cheek. Overall, I am happy with her and glad I took the time to message Babyland to see if she was still available.



Libbie Anne. I chose her because I like the curly hair.

She's 20" tall and has OOAA41-21 on the back. I'm assuming this is "head mold" 41, and the year 2021.

She doesn't flop around like some of the TRUS I've had, so her stuffing is good and even, and feels more full than Maddie's. (I guess they fed her a little better at Babyland. LOL) The dress has "CPK" embroidered on it. She also comes with a regular baby diaper like what you see in stores today (size 1), socks, and shoes.

I'm a little disappointed in her hair.  It is really flat and messy.  It almost looks like she’s wearing a hair net, but she’s not.  The curls underneath are perfect.  It’s just the outer curls that look bad.  I’m sure I can find a way to fix them.  Other than that, I have no complaints.  Her face is nice and round and looks adorable.

 



Olivia Sue. I chose her because I like her teeth showing.  To my surprise, she has a hole in her mouth for a pacifier.  Her head seems really large for her body.  But she is really cute, and has perfect hair.  It’s not messy or flat.

 She's 17" tall and has OOAA17-21 on the back. I'm assuming this is "head mold" 17, and the year 2021.

Her stuffing is good and even, about like Colecos.  She came with an open sleeper,  a regular baby diaper like what you see in stores today (size Newborn), but no socks or shoes.  




Ollie Boo. I chose him because I wanted Olivia to have a twin brother.  I like the baldies and rompers, and also the teeth showing.  Just like with Olivia, to my surprise, he has a hole in his mouth for a pacifier and his head seems really large for his body.  I absolutely LOVE his romper!

He's 17" tall and has OOAA17-21 on the back. I'm assuming this is "head mold" 17, and the year 2021.

He came with a shirt and romper, a regular baby diaper like what you see in stores today (size Newborn), and socks, but no shoes.

 



Can 17” BLEs wear 16” MM ‘Kids’ clothes?  As you can see, side-by-side, they don’t look much different in size, other than the big head on the BLE.  When I fit the BLE romper on the Jesmar, it was a little short on him.  When I put the Teddy Overalls on the BLE, it was a little long on him, and the shirt was a little snug.  So for the most part, they can wear each other’s clothes, but they’re not perfect.  

 #cabbagepatchkidsdoll #cabbagepatchkidscollector #cabbagepatchkidsdolls #cabbagepatchdolls #cabbagepatchdoll #cabbagepatchkid #cpkdiana #cabbagepatch #cabbagepatchkids #cabbiemail #BLE #BabylandExclusive #jesmar #sidebyside #comparison

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.