Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Custom Courtney American Girl Doll and Fashion


 People either love Courtney or they hate her, it seems.  She represents the 80s and 90s era and culture.  She represents many collector's childhood.  Many of her outfits can be seen on the 80s/90s tv series "Saved By The Bell."


A few of her clothes went out of stock and were discontinued very quickly.  In fact, when I search the web.archive.org site, it only had the clothes for a short time--some retired after only one year.  The clothes I'm talking about are the Splatter Dress, Pink Cropped Jacket, and Jeans.


These were the three things I needed to complete the collection.  Since last month they had a 50% off sale on nearly all of Courtney's collection, I bought it all!  I just needed these three.  So I asked on a facebook group.  Many people were willing to sell one item to me for a lot more than the original retail price.  On ebay, some listings were $50 for one item!  One sweet lady reached out to me and offered all three for the retail price.  I basically got all three for the price of one.

So Courtney got to go on a shopping trip!  After dressing her up, I felt like she was missing something.  So I added blush and freckles, using my stencil paint.  Learn how to apply it on my youtube video.



Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.