Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

#34 Gingham Cuties Pattern for 16” Cabbage Patch Kids



 

This is one of my favorite patterns.  It was a custom order and I thoroughly enjoyed making it.  The dress was inspired by a vintage dress that I got from an estate sale.  The romper was inspired by one seen on ebay that is believed to have been a packaged romper from an off-brand company.  I changed it a bit by adding a pocket on the bib where there was an applique, and added the triangles and piping on the sides.

The pattern includes instructions for the dress, bloomers, shirt, and romper. Dress has a ribbon tie in front and has attached pinafore, trimmed with lace. Bloomers are also trimmed with lace. Romper has a pocket in front, and is trimmed with matching gingham piping and bias tape.

Available on Etsy as both paper pattern and digital, and on ebay as paper pattern.

Materials Needed

· ½” Velcro or snaps for closure

· ¼” elastic

Dress & Bloomers

· 1/3 yard white fabric

· 5/8 yard gingham fabric

· White bias tape, ½ single fold*

· Matching gingham bias tape, ½” single fold*

· 1-1/8 yard lace, 5/8” wide

Romper

· 1/3 yard solid bottomweight fabric

· Matching gingham piping*

· 1/8” cording, if making your own piping.

· 2 buttons, ½” wide

Shirt

· 1/2 yard gingham fabric

· Matching gingham bias tape, ½” single fold*

*Fabric amounts include making your own bias tape.

Helpful Tools

· Turning Tool

· Loop Turner

· Glue Stick

· Disappearing ink marker

· 4mm Rolled Hem Foot

· Point Turner & Seam Creaser

· Mat and Rotary Cutter




Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.