Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Dolskin Flesh Fabric - Like Windsor Comfort- Now Available in my Shops!


I am so THRILLED to announce that I am now a supplier of Dolskin fabric, which is similar to the original Windsor Comfort fabric that was used for Cabbage Patch Kids and similar soft sculpture dolls. 

Available on Etsy and Ebay.

Dolskin Fabric - Perfect for Soft Sculpting! Make your own soft sculpture dolls similar to Cabbage Patch Kids!

100% Polyester Knit Fabric, Non-Run Interlock. 60" wide.  A nice, peachy color.

Please note that screens differ and may not show the color exactly accurate.  I took many pictures with different lighting and with dolls to show what it looks like in comparison.  Dolls are not included--Dolskin fabric only.

Sold in 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 3/8, 3/4, and one yard increments.   When ordering more than one, it will be cut in ONE piece.

1/4 Yard - For BBB and Preemie replacement bodies (no head).

1/3 Yard - For regular sized Coleco replacement bodies (no head).

1/2 to 1/3 Yard - For a full 16" doll (My Anna Doll) including the head, depending on if you are doing the head as a full circle (1/2 yard) or with the pattern (1/3 yard.)

3/8 Yard - For the 18" Sparkle & Sparkie Pattern

1 Yard - For the 3-month-old size Little People type dolls.

Please check out my patterns for making these dolls.

Save on shipping by combining orders.  

Be sure to check out my other listings for more patterns and items for your Cabbage Patch Kids!*

A little history about this fabric.  You cannot use just ordinary knit fabric for Cabbage Patch Kid type dolls.  Trust me, I’ve tried.  You will not get the same look.  The original Cabbage Patch Kids were made with Windsor Comfort fabric, similar to Dolskin Fabric.  It was originally called Southern Comfort but had to be changed due to copyright laws and the Southern Comfort brand of beverages.  The factory was called Atlanta Fabrics, based in Atlanta, Georgia.  In the 80’s when the craze began, billions of yards of fabric went out from this factory.  Unfortunately, the factory has closed.  Luckily, Dolskin fabric is now available.


1/4 yard = 9" or 22.9 cm

1/3 yard = 12" or 30.4 cm

3/8 yard = 13.5" or 34.29 cm

1/2 yard = 18" or 45.72 cm

2/3 yard = 24" or 61 cm

3/4 yard = 27" or 68.5 cm

1 yard = 36" or 91.44 cm














Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.