Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

#44 Holiday Outfit Pattern for My Child Dolls

 




It's been almost a month since I got my last pattern out.  I have been so fatigued.  For two weeks, I struggled just to do normal everyday things.  At one point, I made it from my bed to the couch and then back to bed.  I'm pretty sure it's a flare from fibromyalgia, but it really suuuuuuuccccckkkksss.  I just never know what's going to cause it or how long it's going to last.  It could be the cold weather.  Or all the dentist/doctor appointments and school events my kids have been having.

Anyway, I had never made an outfit for a My Child doll before, as I had never had a My Child doll before now. The pattern is for both girl and boy holiday outfits. Dress, Bloomers, T-shirt, Overall Shorts (aka Shortalls), Vest, Tie, and Hat. Dress bodice and sleeves are a solid color. Skirt is plaid. The hat, tie, and Shortalls are a solid color. The Vest is plaid. Use regular cotton fabric for everything except the t-shirt. The t-shirt is white stretch knit with cotton collar. When choosing knits, choose good quality and not too thin. The thinner the fabric, the more difficult to work with. 

Available on etsy and ebay.


Materials Needed

·        1/4 Yard White T-shirt Fabric

·        1/3 Yard Cotton Solid Fabric

·        1/3 Yard Cotton Plaid Fabric

·        Small scrap of interfacing for hat brim

·        Small scrap of white cotton fabric for t-shirtcollar

·        1/2” Velcro

·        1/4” Elastic

·        1/2" button for vest (the original My Child outfits use a fish-eye button, so that's what I used.  I found an old one in my button stash.  I don't think the new ones are the same.)












Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com


Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.