Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

How to Curl Cornsilk Hair for Cabbage Patch Kids Dolls


This was all experimental for me.  I had never curled cornsilk hair with curlers and boiling water before.  I had always used a curling iron, which the curls aren't very defined with the curling iron method.  So here's what I did:

 1. Brush with large comb.  I did this as I watched tv, as it took hours to comb little sections at a time.

2. Divide in 4 sections.

3. Divide each section in 3rds.

4.  Massage conditioner in each section then roll in curler.  I used about 10 curlers--the smallest two sizes.

5. Place head in steaming (not quite boiling) water for a couple minutes.  Remove and let dry completely, about 2 days.

6.  Carefully take out curlers and admire your beautiful curls!

Things I learned: 

--The smaller the curler, the better.

--If doing one or two ponytails, fix them first before putting in curls.


Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.