Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

How to Lighten Pox with Zit Cream on Dolls

Pox.
Those little dark or light spots on the vinyl. This is how I get rid of the dark spots. (This method also works on ink marks and yellowed shoes.) 

Use zit cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide (some countries only have 5%, but that's ok, it'll just take longer to work.) Spread it all over the poxed area and set it in direct sunlight. For this boy, I put him outside in 105* weather. I have put them in the window before. And when it's overcast, it takes a lot longer to work. The more sun, the better.

 I noticed a huge difference in just the first day, but they are still visible. I will probably try it once more, as I don't want the vinyl to fade. I put the cream on the inside as well as the outside, as I have heard that this method works well. 

Precautions: Test a small area first, as it does fade some vinyls more than others. Don’t use more than a few days or it will fade the vinyl. Check daily. I take it all off at end of day and start again the next day. 
Don’t use on dark-colored skintones, as it will fade the vinyl. 
Don't get it on clothes or towels. It will bleach them.

Some people say to soak the head in bleach. I have never personally seen results with this, and you either have to take all the hair out and reroot, or only do this with bald heads. Note: The photos have NOT been photoshopped. The color looks different because of the lighting.


Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.