Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Free Pattern - Witch Hat for CPKs





I’ve got a tutorial for you below – AND a free pattern you can use to make the witch hat for your Cabbage Patch Kids. It is sized to fit 20" TRUs, but looks good on 16" as well. You can always resize it by taking off the seam allowances, then resizing it, then adding the seam allowances back on. Seam allowances are 1/4".

All you need to make it is the free pattern and 1/2 yard of felt, fleece, or similar. If you are using regular cotton fabric, you might want to add some interfacing to stiffen it up.

These hats are so fast and so easy to make!

The simple witch hat is cute enough on its own, but it’s also the perfect blank canvas for embellishment. Just walk through the fancy trims aisle and the Halloween wreath picks at the craft store and you’ll find all the inspiration you need to make a witch hat that will stand out from the rest.

You can use premium felt at Joann's for more stiffness and shape. I chose fleece because I wanted my hat to be a little floppy.

Let's get started. First download the PDF. You will need to print on 8.5x14" Legal size paper.



First place the two brim pieces right sides together and stitch along the outer edge.



Clip the curves and turn right side out. Baste around inner edge.



Fold the Cone in half lengthwise. Sew the long edge to create a cone.



Trim seam allowance, especially at the top point. I trim pretty close at the point, like 1/8” or so, and then taper to the full 1/4” seam allowance at the bottom.

Turn the Cone right side out.



Place the Brim around the bottom of the Cone, RST and matching notches. Sew around the circle to attach the Brim to the Cone.



Your witch hat is finished! It really is THAT easy!  Please share your creations on instagram and tag me @cpkdiana or post on my facebook group facebook.com/groups/cpkdiana.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.