Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Another Blaire Restoration: Custom Mini Me


For those of you who actually follow my blog for Cabbage Patch stuff, I am also sharing American Girl doll stuff. But don’t fear, I’m not leaving the Cabbage Patch world. I’ve been restoring and sharing my experiments on YouTube and my Facebook page.


This is Blaire Wilson (nicknamed “Bad-eye Blaire”). I got her on Mercari for $28 ($40 after shipping and fees.)  I had purchased a wig (Cinnamon Splendor from Dallas Doll Co.) and eyes (Turquoise from Doll of a Kind on Etsy) to create a doll that looks like me. My original plan was to use the TM90 doll that I bought on sale for $65. But when she arrived, her skin tone was too dark. My skin is very fair, like Blaire’s. 

She came to me with crazy hair, toothpaste in her mouth, a pink mark below her lips and her leg, a black mark on her torso, marks on her arms and legs, and very filthy.

I used magic eraser to clean up her vinyl and get the marks off (except the pink.)  I used a mixture of 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash and 50 Volume Creme Developer to get the pink marks out.



I got the black spot on her torso out with Awesome spray.


The hardest part was swapping the eyes. I watched a ton of videos and the one that helped most was by Doll of a Kind. The key is to get the head HOT! This means boiling hot water inside the head for 5 minutes! Forget what everyone else says about only using semi-hot water for 2.5 minutes. That’s just not enough. 

I used my stencil paint for the freckles (3/0 paintbrush) and blush. Someday I might get brave enough to paint eyebrows and eyelashes, but not today. Brown and Coral Acrylic paint and glazing medium for the lips (4 paintbrush.)

I was going to sew some new doll clothes for her, but really wanted to be finished so I could get back to sewing my next CPK outfits. So I chose the Peru World Travel outfit and added rose gold glasses.

I have a Youtube video showing the entire process. Feel free to watch it, like and subscribe. 😁

Overall, the price of the makeover cost under $115. That includes the doll, wig, eyes, clothes, and glasses. I still need to find her some underwear, though. Until then, she’s going commando.
 I’m so happy with how she turned out!



Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.