Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

What's the Debate on Benzoyl Peroxide and Why Are People Angry?

 


I recently posted an article in one of the doll restoration groups about the effects of benzoyl peroxide and using hydrogen peroxide instead.  I simply asked if anyone had used hydrogen peroxide.  



These were my responses:

One of the so-called “experts” wrote that it does NOT permanently fade vinyl.  I replied that in my case it did.  She argued back saying it does NOT and again I said we had different experiences.  She then deleted her comment and blocked me.


An admin made a separate post asking why suddenly everyone is questioning oxy cream, saying it’s the only thing that works, hair dye developer doesn’t, peroxide doesn’t. (She turned off comments after someone replied with a photo of faded vinyl.)

Someone replied that people claim BP destroys the vinyl and can continue to work even after being washed.

Another person replied that it left white marks and that even after 2 months, it won’t go back to normal. (Umm, hello, those are  not white marks, that's faded vinyl!)


In another group, someone posted about BP lightening the face.

Regarding hydrogen peroxide, many people said it doesn’t work for stains, stains didn’t look any different, under a heat lamp, it did nothing.

They said the article mentions plastic, not vinyl, yellowing, not stains, it’s for yellowed plastic, not to remove stains. (Vinyl IS plastic!) 

Someone claimed that stating that BP remains active for years is fear-mongering and that HP won’t remove stains, just yellowing.

Another person says, “I just find it surprising that anyone would come on this page and claim it (HP) does (work) when no one has had success.  I know people lie on the internet, but what would be the point?”

I’m always up for a challenge so……

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.


Check out my youtube channel for lots of experiments with HP and BP.  If any of my videos have helped you, please let me know by subscribing.

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.