Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

Spa Day with Blaire American Girl

 It’s Spa Day with Blaire!



I bought this Blaire on eBay for $50 including shipping. She came to me all mummy wrapped 😂.

She was dirty, had marks on her, a green streak in her hair, a #2 on the back of her neck with a sharpie permanent marker, fingernail polish on her fingers, messy hair, a red mark on her dress, and hair all over her torso.











1. I washed her dress in water with Oxyclean. The red came right out.



2. I used a lint roller on her torso to get all the hairs off.



3. I scrubbed all the vinyl with magic eraser, being careful around the face paint and eyes. It got all the nail polish off, so I didn’t have to use remover.





4. I used Awesome spray and an old toothbrush to get the green out of her hair. It took several times. Then washed her hair with wig shampoo.



5. For the #2, I wanted to try 50 cream hair developer because I read that it works for removing yellowing. I’m never opposed to trying new products. I had her in the sun with it for 3.5 hours before I grew impatient and wiped it off. It did lighten it a little. Then I used my 10% Benzoil Peroxide Face Wash that I usually use (so much more comes with the face wash than the cream. I was finding I was going through the tiny tubes way too fast because I use it to restore dolls and also whiten shoes. So much cheaper that way and it works just as well.) Anyway, I dabbed it on, put her in the sun and 3 hours later, the #2 was completely gone.





6. I reblushed her cheeks and added freckles with my stencil cream.



7. I fixed her hair in a waterfall braid on each side just like she came originally. I did try a flat iron in a small section to see if it would make her hair smoother but it just straightened it out. Completely took out the curl even though I twisted and turned as I went. Not doing that again. I finger curled the rest of her hair.









Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.