Please note that information on my blog is mainly pertaining to the 80s Coleco and Hasbro mass-market Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, I am no expert nor do I claim to be. Information on this site has been collected from numerous sources. See my information tab.

My Child Dolls

I remember getting a doll like these from my grandma.  I didn't really care for it because I was older and out of the doll stage of my childhood.  I probably gave it away because I don't know whatever happened to it.  When a customer recently asked me if I had any patterns for My Child, I became intrigued with these dolls, and was surprised to find virtually NO patterns for them!

So I found these two dolls, a boy and a girl.  I got them from a lady who's aunt collected them.  They were in pretty good shape for their age.  I did have to wash and restyle the boy's hair because it was all over the place.  Other than that, they look perfect.  You can find these dolls on ebay for anywhere from $20 to $500, depending on the condition.  They came out around the same time as Cabbage Patch Kids (1985-1988).  They have super soft "skin" from head to toe (like "peach skin").  Not quite like felt, fleece, or flannel.  Not even like craft velour or deer skin.  The eyes are concave.  The hair is synthetic to look like real hair and is rooted into the doll's head.  They measure about 14 inches tall.  The body is quite different from Cabbage Patch Kids dolls.  The chest is quite a bit narrower, but the hips are huge!  Here's a chart to compare the differences:



As you can see below, the Cabbage Patch preemie romper fits the My Child doll, but it's a little long.

Amazingly, the shoes and socks fit both Cabbage Patch and My Child dolls!  The shoes and socks are interchangeable.  That's so good to know, so if you're looking for CPK shoes, you could search "My Child shoes" and find some actual CPK shoes, as many times sellers don't know what shoes go to what.  And I happen to sell the shoes and socks in my etsy shop.  I'm doing a trial run to see how they go.  If they sell really well, I'll keep them stocked.


Find all my patterns and doll-making supplies on etsy.com/shop/cpkdiana. Follow me on all my platforms: ✅https://www.instagram.com/cpkdiana/facebook.com/cpkdianaetsy.com/shop/cpkdianahttps://www.ebay.com/usr/cpkdianahttps://www.youtube.com/cpkdianacpkcpkdiana.blogspot.com

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links on this blog.